Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Utah in March!

My friend Joe and I are planning to meet up in Utah mid-March to do some climbing. We've put a bunch of destinations on the table: St. George, Joe's Valley, Indian Creek, Zion.  He wants to do Moonlight Buttress and Monkeyfinger.  Both are definitely way too hard for me, but he's psyched to lead most of it since it's "Golden Gate training."  Yessss.

For some reason the guy really likes to climb with me. He's definitely one of my favorite partners (except when he's tossing wobblers on the Free Blast, but hey, nobody is perfect...and it was SO amusing!).  So at any rate, I'm pretty psyched to climb with him. Plus he has a super cool dog.

I have to say that I'm a little more attracted to low-commitment climbing right now, such as sport climbing with fixed draws and bouldering, but Joe is one of the few people I'd agree to do Moonlight with, so I feel like I need to take advantage of the opportunity, even if I have to yard on gear the whole way.  It's just such a rad feature.

So I might not end up going to the red, unless I decide to take another week after Utah when Joe has to go back to Boulder.  I guess I could leave my car somewhere and fly to the red or something, but still it all depends on partners.

Besides the GI thing on the way home from Yosemite, it was a fun trip. Climbing with Katrina was a blast, and I got to see some folks I hadn't seen in a while. I finally met Spaz, and got to check out some of the park employee digs.  To top off the experience, I got to revisit the lovely dirt pile to sleep.  Ah Valley life.

1 comment:

KatieGirlBlue said...

You can ALWAYS leave your car at our house, doll. We're a veritable parking lot already...what's one more?

Just saying....