Friday, February 5, 2010

dizzy spell

So my vision has been weird and I've been a bit dizzy or "out of it" (for lack of a better way to describe it) for a few days.  I'd like to think that I'm just fine, but the last time I thought I was just fine and needed a few rest days, I got diagnosed with MS.  It sucks.  Anyway, I can't even tell if I'm thinking about it more and making it up because now I've noticed it. I hate that shit.

Had dinner with a friend tonight, Happy Hour at Village Pizza for the GGE last night (free food, but god the service was terrible), and on Wednesday I went to Oakland to climb with Shannon...

On the way to the Oakland gym, I stopped by the Berkeley Bowl West and plundered their citrus section. I bought a bunch of Meyer lemons and blood oranges...I also made friends with the produce guy and got to sample a bunch of fruit.  Yessss.

So I made this: http://foodlibrarian.blogspot.com/2010/01/los-angeles-times-upside-down-meyer.html


And I want to make this: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Blood-Orange-Tart-with-Orange-Caramel-Sauce-106137


I'm super psyched on citrus right now! And I have to say, the produce at the Berkeley Bowl is amazing.  They have an entire section devoted to different kinds of eggplants!

I'm craving another rest day tomorrow. I hope that the wonkiness in my brain will go away, but sadly I think it's permanent. har.  Trying to make light of these things.

More climbing on Sunday! Yeah! And then maybe some sort of superbowl get together where I don't actually watch the football but hang out with friends and maybe have a beer or two.

3 comments:

James said...

Michelle Goodhew talked to me about like a Quaker Lemon pie or something...it looked a lot like the pictures of the first cake...

Mandi said...

yeah! Shaker lemon pie. Uses whole lemons:

see: http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/04/shaker-lemon-pie/

and: http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Shaker-Lemon-Pie

KatieGirlBlue said...

Sending good thoughts. Hope your wonkiness dissolved and you got down to business climbing.