Star Wall was also like a mini Jailhouse reunion on Sunday. Brad, Tony, Pete Lydia, myself and Ross were all there. John Schmid and Ethan were over at Snowshed, as were Rick and Denise. I have to say, one of the nicest thing about Jailhouse is the community. It's amazing how we all stay up on each others' lives. I think that for the most part, it's pretty cool.
This morning I did the 30-mile loop again. Ok, the ride went well and all, but I have a problem. I had to pee TWICE! And if you've ever been to Davis, you know that there aren't that many places with good cover to pee. It's mostly open fields and fruit tree orchards. On the other hand, I tend to bike a LOT faster when I am actively looking for a place to drop trou. So it can't be all that bad.
After my bike ride I had an appointment with a hand specialist for physical therapy. The building was kind of hard to find, and I guess I must have been a little distracted, because I tripped over a curb and fell flat on my ass. Well, ok, I fell on my palm and elbows, and managed to scrape my foot too. I can't even remember the last time I klutzed out like that. If I were watching myself I would have laughed pretty hard, but fortunately no one was watching.
But then I was busted when the hand specialist (Suzanne), was looking at my hands, noticed the bloody palm and said "oh look at your palm! Is that from climbing?" Unable to think of some cool reason for having a bloody palm I muttered, "um...no I tripped over the curb on the way here." Embarrassing. But then she gave me a grip strength test and was highly impressed with my grip strength, so I figure it evens out?
At any rate, she gave me some exercises to do and then said what everyone has said to me before: maybe this will help, maybe it won't. But hey, I'm willing to try anything...except more acupuncture...that shit HURTS!
3 comments:
My four year old niece tripped the other day. I decided klutzy is cute.
I love acupuncture, I fall asleep every time.
really? you do acupuncture? for what?
Post a Comment