Sunday, June 15, 2008


So I've had some remorse about my previous few posts.  They simply aren't very nice.  I've debated over whether or not to take parts down, but I haven't decided yet.  What I have decided is that I am evil.
On to more positive things.  I went up to South Lake Tahoe with Alex and stayed at his family's little cabin at Tahoe Meadows Saturday night.  It was very nice to get out of town for the weekend.  Sunday we hiked up Tallac and were down by 12:30.  It was funny, as we were finishing the hike in the heat of the day a lot of people were just starting up.  I think that starting early is definitely the best way.  Plus I am a morning person and by the time the afternoon rolls around I am off duty.  We were up and down in a few hours, in time for lunch and an afternoon nap.
I headed home to Davis and spent some time with my friend Cassandra who I hadn't seen in a long time.  She has a long-standing $500 bet with her sister over who will cave and get a cell phone first.  Dealing with a person with no cell phone is officially a pain in the ass.  But she is stubborn and I give her props for that.  We had a romantic evening of drinking wine, eating chocolate and putting together a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.  Jigsaw puzzles are rad, and if you don't think so, you suck.
I'm going to try a new treatment called IVIG.  I really hope it works because my hand is progressively getting more and more useless.  I'm not looking forward to five more days in the infusion center (bringing my grand total since early April to 18 days of IVs), but at least it won't give me steroid psychosis
Hopefully this weekend I will make it up to Tahoe again, or at least get outside and do something fun.  

No comments: