Sunday, October 31, 2010

Favorite pumpkin cookies

I make several batches of these a year:

Pumpkin cookies (from Moosewood Classics)

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
2 cups dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375, line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.  Add pumpkin, vanilla and egg, beat for 1 minute. Sift together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice). Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix until flour disappears into the batter. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake 375 for 10-15 minutes.

They are really really good.

Went to Berkeley today and hung out with Brad. We wandered around the Berkeley Hills and then climbed at Ironworks. Poor Red dog got attacked by another dog and had a cone of shame on to prevent him from injuring it further. Poor guy.

Sunshine and Peter stopped by the gym, so I could give her a bunch of salsas and cookies and books. Kind of cool to have my two lives intersect every now and again (academic:athletic)

So that was my Halloween weekend. And getting too drunk at the Ringelmans' party.  eeehhhh....

2 comments:

sunsh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sunsh said...

I just ate 4 of your meringues and now I am sick. I have no self control, they are just too good! I love you.