Thursday, October 21, 2010

50/50 wet/dry winter

Thanks NOAA...actually it's not their fault that we live in a transitional zone.  Sacramento and central California are in the transition zone between areas predicted to be hotter and drier this winter (southwest) and areas predicted to be wetter and colder (pacific northwest).

Today I went up to Donner and ticked Bucko.  Sort of anticlimactic since I just tried it a couple times Saturday and then did it first go today.  I went up again to try Bronco, made it through the roof and then had some trouble getting on to the head wall.  I lowered and then used Arturo's toprope to work the headwall and did all of the moves.  The cool thing is that I sent Bucko, then did the first half of both routes two more times clean. I guess I have it on lockdown.  The other cool thing is that the last time I climbed at Star Wall I was still pretty sick.  I feel so much better now!  It's awesome.

I hope I can send Bronco before the snow hits.  It's hard to say how quick it will go (if at all). Then again, I've been finishing things pretty quickly lately, so maybe I'm on an upswing?

No comments: