Damn I just bouldered for two and a half hours (with papa-to-be Jake and Nunley), and then the Nunsquatch and I went for a 42 mile bike ride on the American River bike trail. I'd always heard that the trail was super nice, but had never ridden it before. It is pretty nice, I must say. And there are toilets, which is a bonus.
I do like biking around Davis though. It's nice that you are out on roads through ag fields where there isn't much traffic (and the drivers are generally bike-savvy). In addition, the other bikers out there are savvy and are moving pretty fast. There are a lot of walkers, joggers, slow bikers and people with dogs on the American River bike trail...there can be a lot of weaving and dodging people. Both are very nice though. I'll try to make biking around Sac more of a regular thing now that I'm going to be working at the FWS office Mondays and Tuesdays.
I just need to figure out how to get my neck to NOT HURT when I do long rides. Neck pain sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment