Friday, April 9, 2010

I like this.

Oh how significant we are

Just to keep things in perspective.

Heading to Gold Wall tomorrow - hopefully it won't be too wet, too crowded or too hot.  Gold wall is sort of feast or famine.  It's really fucking cold, and then really fucking hot.  Rarely are there perfect temperatures.  Waaah.

Next week I think I'll head to Bishop to climb in the gorge, and then hike up Telescope Peak in Death Valley with Maki (if it all works out). And we are going to botanize together! Spring wildflowers!

Monday I'm doing a site visit for a new species I'm writing a recovery plan for in Contra Costa county.  It's an endangered Clarkia.

Why is it that I only work with extremely small populations and endangered or threatened species?  I haven't actually chosen my species, it's just worked out that way. I feel like the angel of death or something. No wonder I get depressed about conservation. Sheesh.

Finally, "Everything is amazing right now, and nobody's happy."

No comments: