Friday, April 16, 2010

oh boy. I'm excited to put this week behind me.

This week has been busy.  Yesterday I met up with James at the GW and got a good, though short day in. I did the only 5.11 left at the wall which I hadn't done, Claim Jumper.  The only explanation I have for why it took so long is that there are no fixed draws, and I am a lazy girl.

Monday and Tuesday I was working in Sacramento. I got some samples in the mail that need to be processed in another lab, which I've never been to. I need to get the goddamn freezer in the mainlab fixed, so I have to call the freezer people. Who the freezer people are, I'm not sure. However I have this vision of oompa loompas coming in and doing a bunch of weird shit, singing a song, and then leaving after fixing the freezer.  That would be excellent.

I also made a movie about Jailhouse, inspired be the new school tradster video:



Maki came last night, and she's going to spend part of the weekend with me. We'll probably go sport climbing. She's never been to the Gold Wall, so why not check it out?  I think this may be one of my last weekends there. I'd like to start going to Donner...get a little elevation under me.

The most exciting thing (other than making kale chips for the first time) is that I bought a plane ticket to Denver next week. I'm going to spend a few days in Boulder hanging out with a good friend of mine (Cass) and climbing with Joe.  I also located my guidebook to Rodellar in Boulder, so I'll grab that as well. There are other people who I'd like to see in Boulder, but I have a feeling I'll be pretty overwhelmed.  I'd much rather spend quality time with a few people than see a whole bunch for just a few minutes. 

I want to check out the city to see if I'd like to move there.  Casey might be there too, and I'd like to see her.  She is part of my inspiration for getting out of Davis. I'd like to leave a lot of things behind in California, though I do love it. We have a history, this state and I.

I'm getting very restless these days.  


1 comment:

JJJ said...

Come visit us in Jersey