The food was excellent! Cheese grits, brown sugar cupcakes in a ham wrapper with candied pineapple (yep, you read that right), french toast casserole, a bacon log (see photo below), fruit salad, biscuits with sausage gravy...and I made some puff pastry squares with pastry cream and sliced strawberries. Mimosas were served, of course.
After brunch we had an Easter egg hunt, and I found the one that looked like a rock. Matt said "It's almost like you spend all day every day looking at rocks."
Ok, here are the pics. And by the way, Kevin helped me figure out why my photos indoors are always so yellow, so half of the pictures are yellow and half are "auto-white-balance."
Notice that the cupcakes are not in paper wrappers...they are in MEAT wrappers!
Ooooh...not a good shot.
That's better.
"She's not fat, she's just big-boned!" -Emily
Barefoot in the kitchen. Just like a proper Southern Lady. Not preggers though.
Bacon log. I had a bite. It was salty.
James looking dapper
My strawberry pastry squares
Marit in a pretty dress; Bjorn in a sweatshirt.
I found an egg!












1 comment:
It looks like a fabulous day! Your strawberry tarts are to die for as well as those egg sandwiches on the cupcake holder.
Post a Comment