So, long story short, I'm sitting here on the couch today instead of going to one of the bay area gyms to work out. Beth and Justin are on their way to the new El Cerrito gym without me. Lyn accosted me because "you said you wanted to boulder!!!". But I must politely decline, and sit on the couch and watch a marathon of "No Reservations" on the Travel Channel. Believe it or not, the day is still going by pretty quickly. Already 3pm?!
Which gets me thinking about some upcoming trips, most notably INDIAN CREEK!! I have a talk to give on March 18, and after that I'm bailing to the desert, and I CAN'T WAIT!!! There is something about that place that makes my blood run a little hotter and a little faster. It's sexy, gorgeous, tantalizing...in short, splitter. SPLITTER!
So here is a short list of the routes I'd like to climb in the Creek this spring
Any .10s that aren't splitter #3 size.
A bunch of .11s...
King Cat
Alley Cat (and not get gripped on the 10ft wide section 33 meters off the deck after all of the "hard" stuff)
Wild Cat
9 Lives
Poly grip, Dos Hermanos, Coyne Crack, Fingers in a Lightsocket
soul fire, sesh one cooking
heat searcher
some .12s
Swedin-Ringle
Slice and Dice (I TR-flashed this one and went back to redpoint, but fell at the top...didn't have to soul to try it again that day, or the time to go back before I left!!)
Digital Readout
Cat Burglar
broken tooth (though I'm turned off by the mandatory fist section to get over the tooth...)
Pistol whipped (3 pitches!)
Sacred Cow
camping under the influence (I TR-flashed this one, but I think I remember being grateful that I wasn't leading!)
T-Bones tonight (fell at the top on the flash attempt)
.13s? meh...probably not fit enough...
Belly full of Bad Berries (I kid! I kid...)
Optimator?
Death of a Cowboy?
Tricks are For Kids?
Towers
Ancient Art
something on the Bridger Jacks...
6 shooters?
Moonlight Buttress...let's see how I feel.
I pretty much refuse to project anything at first. If something gets me excited, then maybe. Flailing is for gumbies! ok, kidding again...sort of.
Any other suggestions?
3 comments:
First off: "I don't get sick," says the girl with MS. Too funny.
Second: If you do Belly Full of Bad Berries I will do bend over backwards for you.
Power of positive thinking Justy. It's all I've got!
According to my husband, sending hard in the Creek is more about pain threshold and "WANTING IT" - and you know he speaks in ALL CAPS, ALL THE TIME - than it is fitness.
You'll hike everything you hop on. Psyched to be there for some of it.
Post a Comment