Hi XXXX -I should go back through the literature and see if anyone has done AFLP or usat analysis of these two morphs. I'm pretty sure that a phylogenetic analysis based on sequence data did not reveal substantial differentiation.I'm a little on the fence. Is there a way to describe "morphs" as distinct without having to invoke subspecific or specific status?-MandiIt a hot a topic. check out the Schlueter paper and I will send along simberloff's dense ass review of character displacement toototal hot button ecology topic to sex up your phd funding questscheck these papers out briefly, see what you think and then I will pitch you the tui chub argument thats taking shape in my mindcheers,XXXX
Thursday, February 19, 2009
My dorky life
I just wanted to share a brief correspondence I had with a fellow desert fish enthusiast. He's writing an updated version of California's fish species of concern, and he has to decide what is "distinct" enough to be listed (which often involves interpreting genetic data, hence why he's consulting me). I think he's a closet geneticist. Check it out:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thats hilarious.
Post a Comment