After knocking my immune system down by trying to process more alcohol than my liver could handle, and then working out like a madwoman cause I was feeling good again, I got KO'ed by a common cold. Unbelievable. I felt it coming on Sunday, and figured that if I rested I could dodge it. So much for that. Now it's Thursday night and I'm still down for the count. Which is a real disappointment, because I haven't had a productive week at work in quite some time, and I wanted to go to Bishop to hang out with some friend this weekend.
Ok, so I probably shouldn't go to Bishop...no big deal. What's more concerning is that my hand is stiff and going numb again. Should I go back on the steroids? This is the first month that I haven't gone into the infusion center for an afternoon to get a dose of Solu-medrol. Is that why my hand is stiff? Or is it because, like my neurologist said, sometimes viruses can cause symptoms to flare up? Or is it something else? The fact that I was working out too much after not eating for a week? I ate enough, right? Will the steroids help if I go back on them? Should I do 5 days in a row, or would one help? Or should I try IVIG again? Is it because I've been a little bit of a slacker with my interferon injections, skipping days here and there? Is it going to get worse? Am I going to lose function in my hand again? Is resting and not going to Bishop helping, or if it's not going to make a difference, shouldn't I just say "fuck it" and do whatever I want? Or maybe I've developed antibodies to the interferon...that happens in a certain percentage of users. Ha! I'm a user. I have boxes of used needles around the house.
At this point, I've rested for 5 (!) days...no biking, climbing, pilates, barely ANYTHING. Normally I'd be stir crazy, but mostly I'm just tired and worried. It's not a bad thing to have to stay here for the weekend...for the past few I've stuck around anyway. I'm a little worried about getting depressed again though. Because it's fucking depressing.
Right now I'm just waiting to see how I feel over the next few days.
If I stay in town, I KNOW I'll go to the gyms and try to bike...and it's difficult to hold back.
By the way, we should bug Shannon to blog about how she thought her mom was trying to poison her with Comet when Shannon was a little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment