

The first map shows blue and red counties, with percentages of democrat and republican made scaled between blue and red depending on percentage who voted red or blue. The second map has been contorted to represent the number of people living in each area.
I like these maps mostly because I am a dork, but also because you can get a better feel for how many democrats there are vs. republicans than by just looking at a map of the states in red and blue.
One thing to keep in mind is that there is a bias in the human sensory system towards red, so if the map had been done in shades of grey between black and white, might seem a little different...but I don't know how to do that. John? Any ideas?
I got these images from here.
In other news, we had a celebrity siting at the crag yesterday. Having a professional climber come to the crag and piss all over your projects is a humbling and inspiring experience. There's a reason why I have my day job and he has his day job. Good to know that sometimes the world operates logically.
No comments:
Post a Comment