Monday, November 3, 2008

Craving a little Desert.

I just had a glass of wine (keep in mind I am a lightweight) and have been looking through friends' facebook photos of desert climbing.  Especially photos of Indian Creek.  
There's nothing like experiencing a visceral craving for a particular place.  Somehow I always forget how wrecked I am after climbing at the Creek and want more.  It's almost like a bad addiction.  Maybe I like the punishment.  

In another vein, I had a friend (who I thought was a good friend) basically disown me after he found out that I didn't want to date him.  At first I was ok with not having communication, because I can understand that people need to do what they need to do for themselves.  But now I'm not so sure. On one hand, I am very flattered.  On the other hand, I've spent a lot of time wondering if I've done anything to lead him on...as far as I can tell, I've been clear.  Most of the people who know me are very aware of how I feel about things.  I don't think I'm coy or deceptive in any way.  Another side of this is the fact that life has been a bit turbulent this year, and to have someone who I care about disappear off the face of the planet is a bummer.  In addition, I feel a little bit like I'm being "punished" for not wanting to date this person.  It's one thing to cut off someone you've dated for a while, it's another entirely to cut off someone who you've been friends with for a long time and have never dated.  Makes me question the whole nature of the friendship.  Was he only friends with me because he wanted to sleep with me? 

And you know what else?  I'm pretty sure that fake-powdered cheese flavor is one of the best flavors on the planet.  Cheetos, Pirate's Booty, Annie's Mac and Cheese.  Delicious.

thoughts?

4 comments:

ice said...

I think you should have another glass of pinot and keep writing mandi.

James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shannon said...

I'm craving the desert as well- man, I wish it was feasible to live out there...

sunsh said...

i think you're the clearest person i know with how you like someone.