I just realized today that whenever I disagree with my parents about something, like politics for instance, I've just been "brainwashed by the liberal media". My sister disagreed with my parents by not eating when she was starving herself. My Dad dismissed her by saying "she was just born fucked up." So if you are in disagreement with the F. family, either you're brainwashed (which means that you can still be saved - lucky me!), or you can't be saved cause you were fucked up to begin with, so we all know where to lay the blame.
You can only try to communicate with someone who won't listen or dismisses you for so long until you start self-censoring and just give up. Adding insult to injury, I just had an experience where I got called out for self-editing. When I replied that it was because "nothing's going to change", guess what? I was dismissed and not listened to!! Imagine that.
I think that if I ever have kids, on the day that they are born I'm going to write them a letter that apologizes for everything that I'm going to do wrong, but that I'm going to do the best that I can. I know that my faults are only going to be passed down.
2 comments:
from plato's republic, when some thugz want Socrates to go to a party against his will:
Socrates: May there not be the alternative, that we may persuade you to let us go?
Other Dudes: But can you persuade us, if we refuse to listen to you? Socrates´s Homey: Certainly not.
Other Dudes: Then we are not going to listen; of that you may be assured.
wtf could Socrates do? he had to go. there is no better way to win a
argument than not to listen to the other side...to bad that´s like,
you know, super lame.
makes me worried about if i ever decide to have children, because i know no one goes into parenthood wanting to be a fucked up parent, but it happends most of the time anyhow.
Post a Comment