Wednesday, May 28, 2008

a puzzling interest


I'm not really sure why, considering that I am probably the least fashionable person I know, but I really like to look at fashion magazines (albeit when I'm waiting to see the dentist, pay for groceries, traveling on an airplane, etc.).  When I was in high school, I was so psyched on clothes.  I put a lot of care into what I wore every day, spent lots of my parents' money on clothes, wore makeup occasionally, etc.  Even my first year in Philadelphia at UPenn saw me dressing up.  I frequently wore - oh my gosh! - pea coats and high boots!  whoa!  Could be cause I was insecure and didn't have anything better to worry about, but who knows.

But these days I wear the same pair of shorts every day of the week, and do my best not to look in a mirror that often.  However I do still look at celebrity fashion.  It's my guilty pleasure, and certainly worth of slandering if you should choose.  

It amazes me how much we change after high school.  I kind of feel like high school was an incubator and you hatch when you get to college.  Stupid analogy, but somehow it seems to fit.

And by the way, I LOVE the dress in the photo.  I want to wear it and be a fairy princess.

What were you all like your first 2 years of college?

4 comments:

Justin said...

Wow! I felt the same way when I saw SJP in that dress. CRAZY!

and Tomasina says you should go visit her in the Valley this weekend.

casey said...

this is pretty funny.

i wore the same sweatshirt and jeans every day in high school. it's only now that i have a job and money that i pay attention.

has shannon told you about the wonders of wool? it's really true! she put her armpit in my face to prove it

J V said...

I know some guys you know who wear dresses.

Mandi said...

got any photos?