Saturday, May 17, 2008

Life is Shit.

Ok, life isn't really shit, but I'm a little down right now because I just spent 3 hours a day for 5 days in a row back on the Solu-medrol, and my right hand is getting stiffer.  Is it going to get better? What caused it?  You could spend all your mental energy wondering what the hell is going on and never get anywhere.  Just have to be patient and see what happens.  Total bummer.  I haven't climbed in 5 days because I feel like crap, but I'm going out tomorrow with Drew!  Yay!  Hope I can pull on some small Donner holds despite the gimpy right hand.  Either way it will be nice to get outside...just climbing makes me feel loads better.  On the bright side, my right finger tips won't hurt as much because they are numb.  Ahh life's little blessings.

I was so optimistic when the first round of intravenous steroids brought my hand back to life...to have it get bad again is pretty demoralizing, to say the least...but it's still not as bad as it was before, in that I can write and eat and wipe my ass.

So yeah, it's pretty freakin' hot here in Davis right now.  It's been about 100 degrees for the last 3 days, and should be warm again tomorrow.  I'm hiding out inside avoiding it...heat is supposed to be bad for us gimps on prednisone and folks with MS.  Fine by me...heat isn't too enjoyable anyway.

My mom has been here-she is an excellent mother.  She basically just hangs out, buys me stuff, cleans my house and keeps me company.  Sure, she cut back my plant and that pissed me off, and she tends to move things around my house in an effort to "clean up" thereby making me search around for whatever object she has misplaced, but I love her anyway.  Plus my house is totally clean! Amazing!

In other news, I put in some tomatoes, peppers and an eggplant.  I was initially resistant to planting veggies this summer, because, well, veggies need water.  And that requires me to water them.  And I like to go climbing, meaning that I'm not around to water.  Though I did set up a drip-line system last year that was pretty sweet.

Oh yeah, and my friend Sunshine came up to Davis to visit today and we made an excursion to Wal-Mart.  Going to Wal-mart is way more fun with someone else.  Whenever I go alone I feel very stressed out.  Sunsh and I looked at the fishing lures (for some reason they fascinate me...could be the rubber worms, I dont' know), the underwear (Sunsh is way into underwear), the plants (too hot to spend too much time outside), glass jars to store all my non-gluten, legume, corn, and rice new foodstuffs in (yes they are still empty), cheap DVDs, sunglasses that looked exactly like the sunglasses that Sunshine was already wearing, etc.  I bought the Dark Crystal DVD...I don't know why I buy DVDs...I never watch them, or if I put them on I just wander around the house doing random stuff.  Whatever.

Alright, wish me luck in this journey.  I need it.

1 comment:

shannon said...

i miss growing veggies in davis - my friend and i had a plot at the experimental garden when i lived up there and the stuff we grew was SO GOOD. veggies don't really like the fog.