So, we never went to Donner, instead we ended up forgetting a climbing rope, going to REI, driving around Sacramento in 100 degree weather looking for a Trader Joe's, failing, and going to the gym. Blah. In hindsight, we definitely should have gone to Donner. I only did 3 pitches. The gym totally sucks right now. Old routes, hot as hell, etc. I'm psyched to get out to the east side this weekend, come hell or high water! I think that with my current disability, the goal right now is to do lots and lots of new routes and get outside as much as possible. Clearly I will not be crankin' the high grades this summer, but I never really climbed that hard last summer either but somehow came back to Jailhouse pretty strong. Go figure. I think it was from french-freeing routes while following up behind someone I will only refer to here as the "mega-douche".
My new theory is that climbing hard at Jailhouse definitely does NOT make you a good rock climber. I've seen it over and over again. So if you want your ego to be stroked, only climb at Jailhouse. You'll be psyched after you get a little bit of fitness. You can suck your way to the top of many routes there and feel proud of how hard you are sending. But whatever you do, DON'T go to Yosemite, or you might get a little butt-hurt, and no one likes that (well, Alan does, but whatever).
Anyway, the plan is to climb something long in the Valley on Friday (high of 72 degrees!), rest Saturday in the high country, and then do some climbing on Sunday. I'm really hoping that I can pull off 2 days this weekend, what with my hand being gimpy. In addition one of my veins is inflamed, which means that I am pumped in my right hand now writing this post. That should clear up in a few days though.
Psyched that the pass is open! Yay!
2 comments:
here is your excuse to become a tuolumne slab master! SCORE!
wait wait, i don't get that. wait. was that a gay joke?
Post a Comment