Monday, January 19, 2009

infusion ladies

I had what may be my last infusion of solu-medrol today.  I'm always pretty excited to see the infusion ladies, because they pamper me.  Unfortunately, there was a new infusion lady today.  And I don't think she is very bright.  Not only did she manage to not stick my gi-normous veins first go (what?), she would take the cap off of the needle and then scratch her head with that hand and open up the alcohol pads and stuff before sticking me.  Awesome.  I just love seeing sterile techniques in an infusion center where every ailment from cancer to AIDs gets treated.  If I were going to infuse myself, I think I would take the cap off LAST, considering this is the part of the whole apparatus that's going directly into my bloodstream.  But what do I know?

Normally I nap for a few hours, but for some reason it wasn't in the cards today, so I watched Beowulf.  Not bad.  The monsters were cool, especially Grendel.  Then I started Season 1 of The Wire...everyone always talks about how great it is, so I figure I have to give it a try.  I guess today they had 10 chemo patients in the morning, for only 8 chairs.  Busy day.  Nothing like honoring a civil rights leader like hanging out with the cancer patients.  yee-haw.

Now I feel a little crappy and a little wired and a little depressed.  Drugs.  I walked over the the Nugget and bought some stuff to make a banana cream pie for an inauguration party/pie bake-off tomorrow evening.  

I also found out that my housemate is moving out, which makes me sad.  She found cheaper rent somewhere else.  Finding a housemate in a college town in February sucks; I'm not too psyched about it.  What makes it even worse is that my parents have threatened to sell the house if I don't keep a housemate.  My parents kind of suck a lot of the time.  Maybe I could play the MS card: "selling the house and making me move would stress me out, and cause my immune system to potentially go haywire."  Is that wrong?

I went to Gold Wall yesterday with Ron and Chris, two older dudes.  It's the first time I've ever gotten a ride to Sonora from Davis.  I was on the fence about going, but the thought of not having to drive AT ALL to go climb was too irresistable.  As it turns out, it was super freakin' hot, but I had a lot of fun.  I tried my little proj, and then got on this amazing looooooong super fun .11d thing.  That route is SO FUN!  I like hanging out with people who aren't seething and overflowing with anxiety/obsession/restless energy.  I have a hard enough time dealing with my own.  I think that's one of the reasons I like Gold Wall so much this year...and like Jailhouse so much less.  That being said, I'm planning on going to Jailhouse Thursday with Dr. Rob.  I got on Hall of Justice last week, and though it's way over my head at the moment, at least it's new, and at least it's only .12- to the crux, which is halfway up.  So there's a lot of good climbing that I can do without hanging, which is basically all I want to do right now.  

1 comment:

James said...

Playing the MS card will get old if you do it too much. It's a solid card to have but I would reserve it for special occasions, when you really need it. Finding a new roomate isn't that hard Mandi. It's defnitely not as burly as some of the shit I have seen you do.