Monday, January 26, 2009

I have too much energy

Which would explain the recent flurry of climbing/biking/blogging, etc.

I was going to bike with Sandrine this afternoon, but 20mph gusts deterred us.  So I'll wait 'til tomorrow to do a bouldering/training session with Shags, Nunsquatch, Jake etc.  Should be good!  I think I'll also go to a potluck thingie that some folks have in Sac the last Tues of every month.  I've been wanting to go, but sometimes driving to Sac seems like such a long way.  But, my resolution is to be more social, so here I go.

This excess energy has prompted me to walk aimlessly around my neighborhood in Davis.  I live on the greenbelt, so the walking is good.  To my surprise, I found some edible mushrooms: blewits (Clitocybe nuda) on the overpass on the way to the Nugget, inky caps (Coprinopsus atramentaria) growing in the sod next to Covell, and a common volvariella (Volvariella speciosa) growing in someone's yard.  It seems that most of the shrooms to be found in Davis are easily found in yard compost: mulch, oak leaves, pine straw, whatever.  I have to wonder if people think I'm strange, walking slowly through the trees, while they run, bike or walk by.  When I'm old, it's going to be embarrassing.  I'll probably still be single, except with maybe a few cats that I'll dress up like dolls and walk on a leash while wandering around the suburbs looking for mushrooms in peoples' compost piles.  Awesome.

1 comment:

Sandrine said...

I wanna go mushroom hunting!!!! that way we'll look like 2 perverts going in the bushes ahaha