Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bugs and rock climbing

I stumbled across this website while trying to identify a spider that a friend posted on her Facebook page.  It's called Bugguide.net and it's pretty much amazing.  The photos are spectacular and the page is very well organized (which is difficult, given that taxonomy by nature is NOT organized, though it purports to be...but whatever).  I like the click guide on the left side of the page-I'd be curious to see how efficient it is to use.

In other news, I've been climbing a bunch at Gold Wall and a little bit at Jailhouse.  I need to find a new project at Jailhouse, otherwise I'm pretty bored and unmotivated there.  The climbing is definitely fun, but the vibe there is VERY serious, and my refractory nature makes me want to not take it seriously, meaning not give a shit.  Anyway, I think I might try Cell Block, even though the bottom is crumbly and gross now.  Oh well.  Hopefully I'll get psyched.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Yeah for bugs! Sorry I missed you Mandi but I was desperate to get out of town and everything else just fell to the wayside. Hope you understand.