Saturday, February 4, 2012

I get emails

Now that I'm a teacher and people want things from me, I get some interesting emails. Like this one:

Hello, my name is (redacted). I was emailing you to see if you may be ablr to squeeze me into your NATR 300. Class Tuesday and Thursday from 6-8:05pm. If you can it would be greatly appreciated and I promise to catch up the slack instantly. You will not be disappointed. Honestly I didn't plan on taking this class  until next year but 2 classes I was wait listed for rejected me and if I don't find 5 units I will not only lose my financial aid and unemployment. I know that is not your problem but if I don't fill my schedule my daughter and I will both end up homeless. Thank you very much for your time please emcail me back at (redacted) so if you can help me out I can make it to the next scheduled class. 


 and this one:

I'm having trouble keeping up with all the work in this class...Is it assumed
that we will have a lot of access to the intranet and that we wil have a
computer?  Please tell me why there seems to be much more homework in this
class than any other night class I've taken.   Also, Is there some parts of the
homework that is of more importance like the book questions and the essay's or
is the stuff on-line going in the drop box more important? Must we have it all?
If so I will have to drop because I can't keep up with this pace...

1 comment:

sunsh said...

Oh man, this makes me crack up! I should start posting some of the emails I get. My summer school students send me the funniest emails about how much they slack off, and there are always a rash of family emergencies around the 4th of July.