Thursday, September 22, 2011

Squirrels are evil

I will always stand by my statement that "I don't like mammals."  Well, mostly I don't like mammals. I like birds, plants, fish, mushrooms, prokaryotes, insects and pretty much every other life form on this planet, but I'm really not nuts about mammals. Maybe it's the fur or something...or the teeth.

And now I dislike some of them even more: squirrels.

Squirrels are evil. Complete evil. They are NOT cute (neither are bunnies, which I know makes me strange, but don't we already know that I'm strange?)

The squirrels have been completely decimating the garden this summer. They are awful. I had 5 beautiful pumpkins on the vine and yesterday I went to the garden and discovered that they'd eaten all the ripe ones from the inside out. Nightmare. I was so so pissed. Am still pissed.

In the meantime they've eating the tomatoes, zucchini, strawberries and cucumbers. The only thing they haven't eaten are the habaneros, jalapenos and other hot chilis.  Is this all we can grow here now?  We need a herd of cats. A squadron of dogs.  100 little boys with bb guns. We can't poison them, and live traps probably aren't feasible since there are probably 500 squirrels in the garden.  It's enough to make you give up altogether and just buy your veggies.

Fucking squirrels.

No comments: