I mentioned that I did a couple of .12ds at Column recently, but I finished up a third at Donner today: Bronco. The other ones were cool, but this one is a lot more meaningful. I worked it a bit last fall and fell at the top twice before it dumped snow. Last Thursday I went to Donner for the first time since then, worked out the moves again, gave it another go, and vowed to come back. Jackson and I were pretty lazy over the weekend (plus weekend crowds suck), so we went back up there today and I did it second go.
Total surprise, and it felt SO GOOD. I haven't felt that good after a send in a long time! Theres's something to be said for being attached to a route. I was definitely attached to that one.
Another cool thing was that I did it in good style. I fucked up a few things, hung in there, and then fired the crux. It felt great. And NOW (not after the sends at Column), I'm allowing myself to think "wow-I'm really fit right now." Finally... a little bit of confidence. I'll take it. I'll also say this - endurance and ability to recover goes a long way. I could completely get my heart rate down at every rest, and oh boy do I ever find rests. Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment