Saturday, August 6, 2011

Column column column

I think this is probably one of my first summer sport-climbing seasons ever.  I've been going to Column of the Giants every weekend for the past month or so.  It's such a pile of choss.  It's a pile of choss sitting on a mountain of choss.  But it's OUR pile of choss, so that makes it fun!

It's even chossier than Jailhouse and Gold Wall.

I KNOW!

Damn the problem with not blogging very much is that a lot happens and I don't write about it.  Like my sampling trip to North Fork Cottonwood Creek.  And my very strange hookup with the random hippie guy in Mammoth.  And Ethan and Cuz staying over in Davis after going to a few grad school bbqs with me Thursday night.  They are both so adorable.  It's all good stuff and it's all worth a separate blog post.  Overall the trend has been fun + busy...which I'll take!

random hippie guy in NFCC

I seem to have a new optimism about the people I hang out with lately (and the people I'm meeting and people in general).  I hope that teaching my class (which starts the 20th!) doesn't bring me down.  I'm having fun riding this high as long as I can.

always looking for mushrooms. 

field clothes are so hot.

Now hopefully today I can send one of the three freakin' .12ds that I'm falling at the end of.  I need to finish some routes.

No comments: