Well we've been in Ceuse a week and I am freakin' exhausted. This is about the time in the trip when I'm just tired and a little burned out on climbing. It's good to be able to take a trip this long - it reminds me to appreciate my "other" non-climbing life.
The climbing is completely amazing here and the conditions are perfect. The crazy heat vanished and it is what I think is a more typical Ceuse spring - cold. The walls are nearly empty during the week (the other day it was Ethan and me and one other party in all of the Berlin, Biographie and Demi Lune.
I would LOVE to take about four rest days, but I have only a week left so I will solider on. Tough life, I know.
The food is great in France, and more and more I'm stoked on going to Gap and eating a lot of it. I'm glad that Ethan appreciates trying new food and eating delicious things as much as I do. It makes it a lot more fun.
My life in Davis is awaiting me, and all of the stresses and crap that it will bring. I don't know what's coming next for me, since I'm graduating in June. Where will I live? What will I do? It is very much a transition time now, and this trip has been a great time-out from those stresses. I came here thinking about data analysis and writing and school and finding a job, but I haven't thought much about those things in about two weeks. I've settled into the climbing life and accepted the stresses of this life as the normal ones. It's funny how that works.
It's been great hanging out with Ethan. He's a great climbing partner. I was a little hesitant coming here because my last trip was pretty traumatic, and the memories were giving me a cloudy head. Plus we'd only climbed together a few times. When you travel with someone, you definitely get to see all sides of them, and it is a risk. You can always split up, but the hope is that it will work out and you'll have a good time. Initially I was planning on going to Greece for the second half of the trip, but we ended up sticking together. Haha hopefully this next week will be fun and I won't regret not going to Greece!
So this is my reflective post-trip post even though I still have a week left. Hopefully I'll send some rock climbs, since lately I've been feeling tired. I had a cold for a few days last week that wiped out my energy. Right now I'm sitting here and all I want to do is sleep and eat, and not hike up the hill! I have to say I'm pretty fucking sick of the hike. You get fit and all, but it's boring and long.
OK, maybe we'll head into Gap today and eat some more food - yay!
Thanks for all of the comments - it motivates me to write more.
See you all soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment