Friday, April 29, 2011

insomnia/jetlag - Mammoth!

So I haven't really slept much since I've been back, probably as a result of doing nothing to get back onto a regular schedule after my flight.

Life back in Davis is mundane and banal.  Already my back and neck pain is back (it was completely gone while in Europe - I think it's from sitting at the computer too much).

I took my car in for servicing and surprise! I need to brakes and discs, and, as it turns out, my service guy never did the 50k transmission flush, so my transmission might be fucked.  I'm not sure what's going to happen with it, but it's going to be a couple of K if I have to have it replaced...and it's kind of not my fault.

On the (sort of?) bright side, I'm in Mammoth right now at John and Shannon's house. Shannon is out of work right now so she has lots of time to climb!  I had to take a loaner car from the service guy - a gold 91 Camry wagon. It is SEXY. Trust. It doesn't like going up hills.

I gotta take advantage of my new svelte figure before I put on my I-have-an-oven-and-I-bake-all-the-time 5 lb surplus.  I'm super light right now - lighter than before I got MS. It's great. Though it is shocking because I ATE SO MUCH in Europe.  I don't even know how it's possible to lose weight. I mean I was hiking and climbing a lot, but it seems like I ate more than I could ever hike or climb off. Oh well. Maybe part of it is that I was also having a great time in Europe. Being happier makes you thinner I think.

So now I'm worried about:
1) finding a job
2) finding climbing partners locally
3) my car's transmission
4) putting the weight back on

These are not in order of importance.

Good times. I'm sure when I sink back into the normal schedule I'll be motivated on my research again. Sorry for the rambling post, but my brain is sleep deprived.

By the way there is SO MUCH SNOW in the Sierra. It's amazing.

No comments: