Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Europe!

I'm nailing down the vague details for a trip to Europe.  Well, they are less and less vague. I'm going to buy a ticket tomorrow after I talk with Ethan.

The basic plan is that I'll fly in to Barcelona March 13-15, meet up with Ethan and we will rent a car. He'll already be there. I'll spend two weeks in Spain, climbing wherever the conditions are good. We've discussed Oleana, Santa Linya and Margolef.  I don't really care - I just want to climb, and I'm sure that all of those crags are amazing.

Then I'll fly to Kos from Barcelona and spend two weeks in Kalymnos by myself. I'm kind of psyched to go on a climbing trip by myself again - it's been a while. Sometimes it's nice not to have to negotiate with other people about when/what/etc. Especially because I tend to go along with other people to make things easier.

I wish I could stay longer. I'm happy with two weeks in Spain, but I think Kalymnos deserves more time. I have been wanting to go for a long time, but what pushed me over the edge was Stanley, who is super encouraging and sent me amazing photos. I think a direct quote is "you WILL be psyched." Thanks dude. Then I got in touch with another girl who has gone by herself twice and was very enthusiastic. Plus Matt, Steph, Denise and Rick have all been and say it's amazing. Steph practically wrote me a novel with tons of info. Awesomeness.

Check out the description of the room I might rent:

" it is on the 2nd floor, it is a self contained studio with a kitchen containing oven and fridge, separate bathroom and double bed. there is a private balcony overlooking direct ocean views and the beautiful island of telendos. "


Doesn't sound like it sucks, does it?  OhboyohboyohBOY!! The last time I went on a climbing trip by myself was after college when I went to Australia, New Zealand and Thailand.  I don't count going on US climbing trips by myself...it's not the same challenge.



No comments: