Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I love Engrish

I read the most AMAZING paragraph today.

"I am sailing, I am sailing; home again, cross the sea; I am sailing, stormy water; to be near you, to be free." Not only does the unparalleled musical royalty Rod Stewart convey to me vividly what the necessary prerequisite for a triumphant voyage is, but he also utilizes his touching lyrics to indirectly outline my voyage towards transcendence and verity. In retrospect of my past twenty-two years’ voyage, it primordially initiated since I was in childhood when I spent lots of time in a beautiful costal city, Tsingtao. From then on, I found myself get fascinated with the oceanic wonderland which was replete with plentiful intriguing mysteries such as horizontally walking crabs and palatable clams. Whereas as time went by, I amazedly noticed that there were fewer and fewer crabs sashaying on the beach and my favorite seafood clam was not as delicious as before. I gradually realized the seawater pollution did not only destroy the habitat of marine creatures, but also my fancy fairy maritime world. Henceforward, the aspiration of regaining my childhood goodliness had deeply rooted in my heart. Therefore, I opted for Aquaculture as my major in Ocean University of China, of which Aquaculture ranks first in China.

Words cannot convey my love for this paragraph. Every sentence is perfection.  Really it's impressive for an ESL college student. Their English is WAY better than my Chinese.

No comments: