Monday, November 8, 2010

Stuff

It really doesn't feel like Monday, but here it is.

No send on Bronco on Friday, but I'm close.  First go I fell halfway up the headwall (after making the last clip, which is tough!). Second go I deliberately took after the traverse and then sent to the top.  It was a good effort for not working the route that much. I feel strong right now! Sadly it looks like the weather won't cooperate before I go to Utah, so it will have to wait.  Though I have considered postponing Utah so that I could do Bronco!

Saturday I got a massage - the first one in a long time.  Jesus it hurt (or as my climbing partner would say, "Cheeeees-ohs").

Sunday I went up to Georgetown to Sallie's to look for mushrooms, but it's a bit early yet.  According to my Uncle the Italians say that November 14 is the day for mushrooms.  They didn't give a time, but it doesn't matter since I won't be here.  I always seem to miss peak mushrooms time.  Annoying.  However I did get a photo for all of my trudging through the woods in the rain:
We didn't see much more than this guy.  But they are coming, I know they are!  I've considered how bummed I'd be on rain in California (= no climbing) if I wasn't so psyched on mushrooms...it would be bad.

I brought this to Sallie's house. It was a hit.

Finally, here's a picture of Red with the cone of shame. His expression says it all.

Alright, work work work until I head to Moab on Wednesday.  The only routes I really want to climb are Sacred Cow and Slice and Dice.  Joe wants to do offwidths though, and there are only a couple of days, so who knows if I'll even make it out to those routes. We shall see.

No comments: