Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dicey winter drive

Driving through the Great Basin was a bit dicey yesterday, but it went ok until I got to Truckee where everything went to shit.  Chain control, tons of traffic, blowing snow, lanes that weren't entirely plowed.  I'm glad I got through because they closed I-80 overnight.

Nevada was beautiful though. Everything was freshly white. I'm not a snow lover, but a fresh dusting of snow with scattered clouds at dawn is something special. So beautiful you could never take it all in, so you just take lame dashboard photos and hope for something decent:



A few days ago I hiked around the Fisher towers. I'd never been there before. I can't believe that Roop aid soloed two of them.  Crazy.





In other news, I'm talking with a guy at CU Boulder about potentially...potentially (that's a double potential..which means I'm not getting my hopes up) doing a post-doc there.  He does interesting research, and Boulder is on the list of places to check out, so it's an option.

For all of the things I think about on my drive, and all of the things I think I'd write about, this is all I've got. When it comes to sitting down and banging it out and getting the words on the blog, most of it doesn't happen.

No comments: