Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall is here!

I am so happy that the Fall season is here.  Hanging out in Yosemite on Monday, the air and the sun felt so good on my skin.  It made me catch my breath.  Plus the sound of the breeze drifting through the dying leaves on the trees brings me back to growing up on the East coast.  Not to mention the fact that mushroom season is coming up!  I feel the blood crackling in my veins.  I'm excited to take advantage of the shorter days, the friction and the physical relief of the crispy temperatures.

I hope to hang out in Yosemite until it gets too wet or too cold to climb.  The tough part is finding partners.  I'm taking advantage of the flexibility of my grad school schedule, and it is hard to find people whose schedule matches up with mine.  I don't mind hanging out by myself and scrambling for partners every weekend (I feel so lucky to be climbing at all!), but I do miss having a solid partner with similar goals.  

By the way, check out John's photos on Alpinist.  Here and here.  They are beautiful!  Plus, the second photo captures Justin in a rare moment clipping bolts.  Very uncharacteristic!

No comments: