Tomorrow I think I will go to Jailhouse and see if I can send Common Thug (doubtful). Sunday I felt pretty tired after just two pitches up at the Killer Pillar. I'm not sure if it was the MS, the steroids, or the fact that I hadn't climbed in two weeks. At any rate I got super sunburned, which the doctor warned me about with prednisone . If you follow the link, you can see what a nasty drug this is.
For my MS flare-up, I went into the the Medical Infusion Technologies center in Savannah, GA and got an hour of Solu-Medrol infusion (IV) for three days in a row. Basically they sieged my body with a prednisone solution. Because prednisone is so toxic, I can't stop taking it right away or my body could go into shock and withdrawal. Therefore the doctor prescribed a three week taper where I will gradually ween myself off the drug, giving my adrenal glands a chance to start producing cortisone again after being shut down by the prednisone. Right now I am on week two of the taper. I'm pretty excited to be off it completely, though am naturally worried about any symptoms that could come back. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I know I should put some photos up...the key to any successful website, powerpoint or anything else is always: lots of pictures!!! I plan on putting some up soon. I'm heading back to Yosemite to climb Thursday-Sunday, so hopefully I'll get some good ones.
1 comment:
Yes, less prednisone, more photos.
Post a Comment