Monday, July 18, 2011

Overload. Meltdown.

So rather than doing the productive things that I need to do, I am watching 6 Feet Under and playing Words with Friends.

For the first time in grad school I'm so overloaded that I feel a bit like I've shut down.  I'm trying to prepare for the class I'm teaching, which starts on Aug 23.  Then there's this whole slew of shit I have to do for that as well, like get a TB test, get a social security card, set up my email account and an online site for the course...

Then my minion apparently cannot be taught for some reason. I'm all out of ideas for why she can't do labwork.  She's been watched making reactions by several people, and still her results suck.  I'm completely vexed and out of ideas.

I had a job interview for a position in Las Vegas as a state biologist. It was over the phone but it went really well!  I have no idea what's going to happen, since I can't start until December of January due to teaching the class.

Forget about finishing my dissertation or the side project I've been trying to do....wow there was just a really moving scene in 6 Feet Under.  I'm so easily distracted.  I blame the internet.

Yeah...and there's the garden that needs to be watered, especially since my garden partner is in Mammoth for her field season.  Uuuggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so overloaded.

Time for some serious triage.  What to take care of first?

No comments: