Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oh fucking well, may as well hunt a fucking pig.

That's a lot of f-bombs.  I am inspired my Misty Murphy's blog. It's hysterical.

So it's raining. This has been a very rainy winter.

Since there is to be no local climbing outside (even Bishop looks spotty), I'm taking two guys out to my family ranch in Mendocino County to hunt pigs.  In the rain.  It's probably going to be pretty miserable, but I can handle a few hours out in the rain. It's nothing I have never done for the love of mushrooms.

I'm not actually going to carry/shoot a gun. I don't know the first thing about guns. But my friends are hunters, one is an avid duck hunter and the other grew up hunting deer.  I'm just the hostess.

It's funny the only time I'm ever outside and not climbing, it's usually raining. Not too surprising I suppose.

If we shoot a pig, then we'll skin it and quarter it there, and then bring it back home to do who knows what. I'm not entirely sure. Kevin and Ben are stoked to butcher it - fine by me. Kevin found some instructional youtube videos.  You can find ANYTHING on youtube now.  What a world we live in.

Finally, I'm going to Europe in ONE WEEK OMG SO STOKED.  I have about thirty quickdraws (including some sweet Petzl logos (thanks E), a relatively new pair of shoes, and a crappy rope.  I need a new rope. Hmmm. Better do that soon. The car is booked, we're sussing out the living situation at the crags.  The best option may be to rent a house with some other climbers. This could be extremely awesome, or it could be a weeks-long soul killing sprayfest. My favorite.

I need to get some software installed on my laptop so I can work on this phylogenetic project that I'm doing...

No comments: