Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cloudy outside, Sunshine inside

No climbing outdoors this weekend.  The conditions are probably decent, but I don't want to pay for the gas to get to Jailhouse, and Gold Wall is wet.  Instead I went to the gym and bouldered with some friends.  I did well!  At least for not really bouldering too much.  I did a couple of 4s and 5s. If I can do a V5, that's pretty good for me. I think that tomorrow I'm going back to do a 4x4 with Sarah D. That is if she decides to go...

After that Sunshine came to Davis and we went to the farmer's market for Pig Day. It's true. There were people dressed up as pigs and lots of pig flavored things to eat and also little piggies to pet. So if you ever want to hold a pig while eating bacon, Pig Day is the day to do it. Or you could buy a farm.

The pig hunt at the ranch might still be on before I go to Europe, though I'm not counting on it. Only a few more weekends to go!  But it would be cool to shoot some bacon. Pigs are so destructive in California too. I don't feel bad about killing them and eating them.  I just don't want to butcher them. Fortunately, since the property belongs to my family, my guests will do the butchering. I don't really want to butcher a pig without watching someone else do it first.

In other slaughterhouse news, I was chatting with the guy who shares the garden plot near me, and he said that he's going to start raising rabbits to eat.  Rabbits breed...like rabbits. You can eat them after 40 days, and they have induce ovulation, as soon as they have sex they ovulate. They can get pregnant almost right after they give birth and they take 30 days to gestate. Seven kits per litter. There will be two does and a buck. That's a lot of rabbits.  Anyway he said I could go in on his rabbit ranch if I helped out with feeding and watering occasionally. Fine by me. Plus he does the slaughtering. He had a job as an undergrad in TX slaughtering bunnies...I'm guessing he's good at it. I don't think I've ever eaten rabbit before.  He says it taste like chicken.

Sunsh and I were walking back from the farmer's market today and thought up one of the best blog ideas ever, though it would probably have to be anonymous to truly be honest and make it funny.  "Stupid shit my ex boyfriends said."  Man oh man.  She has some good ones, and so do my friends.  I've never dated a guy who said stupid shit, so I can't contribute.  Damn. I'll have to live vicariously through my friends.

1 comment:

sunsh said...

Let me know if the pig hunt happens, I want to come! I might not eat the thing, but I wouldn't mind watching one get killed.