Friday, March 4, 2011

The latest to-do list

In an attempt to up my productivity and get shit done, here is my latest to-do list that EXCLUDES the labwork and data analysis that I need to do (which is a whole other long-ass to-do list)


  1. Apply for grad studies travel award and make sure that my advisor sends in his letter of rec - March 15
  2. Apply for AFS travel award, submit abstract for September Seattle meeting - March 11
  3. Call dude from Vegas to ask for Nevada samples and figure out what I NEED first (more complicated than it sounds) - today
  4. Call dude from Oregon to ask for Oregon samples
  5. Read through final minor revisions and SUBMIT THIS FUCKING MANUSCRIPT ONCE AND FOR ALL OH MY GOD. - March 10
  6. Apply for TA positions 2011-2012 (backup plan) - unsure of deadline
  7. Apply for Sac State lecturer positions (backup plan B) - unsure of deadline
  8. Taxes - fax my crap in so that someone who knows what they are doing can figure it out for me. Federal job + grad student + whatever investments my parents made = confusing tax return. - before March 26
  9. Book a rental car in Spain


Wow that doesn't seem that bad wen I write it down like that.  I like the colors.  This is good.

In other news I am STOKED OUT OF MY DOME for Spain.  Chatting with Ethan definitely ups the motivation level. I even went to Pipeworks in the AFTERNOON yesterday! I never do that.  I pretty much only ever go Tuesday mornings super early or weekend mornings when the crags are wet. But I need to get stronger and fitter for Spain so that I can CRUSH BUNNIES. Unfortunately/fortunately, Ethan has been climbing with some of the other best climbers in the world.  So there is a very high chance that when I get there I'm going to feel like the worst climber in the world.  Which is unfortunate.  On the other hand, it's got to be better than my first two trips to Spain. Yeah. It's going to be awesome. I'm super super psyched.

No comments: