I thought about it for a second and said, push the fat man onto the tracks. Save the five even if it kills the fat man and wreaks my life with guilt.
I wonder if I have damage to my prefontal cortex or just an apathy for the fat.
Regardless, thought experiments have little to do with reality. What would I do if push really came to shove? That would be the thing to study- not merely asking people hypothetical questions.
1 comment:
What a cool article. Trolley-ology. Crazy!
I thought about it for a second and said, push the fat man onto the tracks. Save the five even if it kills the fat man and wreaks my life with guilt.
I wonder if I have damage to my prefontal cortex or just an apathy for the fat.
Regardless, thought experiments have little to do with reality. What would I do if push really came to shove? That would be the thing to study- not merely asking people hypothetical questions.
Post a Comment