So Joe "the Crusher" and I lazed around camp til the afternoon, and then drove out to the ruins in beef basin across from Way Rambo and went for a little hike. The ruins are super cool! There's a 3 story structure, for very very tiny people. Or for storage.
Saturday Drew spent the morning with Joe and me warming up at Battle of the Bulge. Drew led the warmup, and then Our Piece of Real Estate, and then I led Battle of the Bulge, which is thin hands for me, so not too bad.
Drew bailed so he could ride his bike, and Joe and I went out to Tricks are For Kids. I was fairly optimistic, since Alex said that it was wide green camalots, which I can jam. Joe onsighted, because, well, he's the crusher. It's fairly boring watching him climb. Very similar to Alex. It would be fun to see him on something difficult. But that may have to wait, since he bailed back to Colorado today.
I attempted to toprope Tricks, but it was HARD! I felt like I needed to find a system. High ring locks and thin hands in my face with a bit of a shuffle, aiming for pods where I might be able to get a rest. I may have been climbing too much thin hands, because my toes are super fucked up. I have to think that the pain factor may have been holding me back. I got half way up (which is a full pitch in and of itself), looked up, and shouted down to Joe "I think I have a pretty good idea for what the rest of the climb is like...I think I can come down now". And that was that.
We'd talked about doing the North Six Shooter today, but it's so freakin' windy that Joe bailed, so I went to Creek pasture to look for Ken from Ohio, who came out with Blake from Kentucky. They wanted to go up to Optimator Wall, and flail around...which didn't excite me too much. So I think I'll hang in town, do some laundry, buy some veggies, and charge up my sonicare toothbrush. It's going to be a good day, and the weather is supposed to be milder tomorrow. Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment