Thursday, December 9, 2010

Haul of Justice

So Jailhouse season has begun for me, and I'm trying to climb there two days a week.  I started working on a project called Electric Chair, but it sucks and the crux is a big sideways dyno that I can't do, so I gave up. I started working Haul of Justice instead, because I figured that if I'm going to fall of a route, I may as well fall off a quality route.  This one is pretty fun. Hopefully I stick with it.

It's hard.

Someone who was around for part of the Spain-Trip-from-Hell is coming to climb at Jailhouse, and I'm a bit hesitant to spend time with him.  I don't want to dredge up the past, and this guy is a notorious boundary-pusher (putting it generously). Blargh. Maybe I'll get lucky and not see him very much. What's done is done.

I remember last year I was...not spyched...around Christmas time. I don't think I got any gifts for anyone, and sort of hid from the festivities.  This year I'm pretty psyched though, and I have a bunch of gifts planned for people. It's fun!  Last year I made some truffles for my family as a last minute gift.

I have big plans for homemade gifts this year, starting with the salsas and jams I canned late summer. I want to make some cookies, some apple cider gummies (like gumdrops), maybe some biscotti, truffles, doggie treats for the dog owners, and whatever else I think of.  I wandered around Davis and picked some pink peppercorns (the trees are planted ornamentally around town), and I'll make some toffee with them.  I was worried about poisoning people, but I told Emily that they grew around Davis and she made some caramels and already fed them to people, and they aren't dead yet, so I guess they are ok. I'm glad she did some testing for me...I'm a bit conservative when it comes to eating things I gather.

January 11 I turn 31.  Or, as Bjorn and Lisa call it: thirty-WON-derful.  can't. wait.

No comments: