I really like this woman's voice:
Just got back from Lee Vining Canyon. Shannon, John, Townsend, Al and I were going to do North Peak and then North Ridge of Conness. I bailed after North Peak because I wasn't feel that well. It was just as well because pretty soon after I started walking down a heinous thunderstorm came over the peak. I kept looking back to see if Conness was getting hosed...it looked like it was.
I think I felt shitty because I didn't really eat anything and the group moved more quickly than I wanted to (no time to eat/drink, etc.). By the time I got down I'd only eaten a handful of trail mix and a couple of gummy bears, and I felt like shit. Normally I'm a big breakfast person, but this morning I just didn't get organized or motivated or something. I don't know. I staggered back to my car and drove down to the Mobil (down by noon - yay!), where I just sat in the driver's seat not knowing what to do with myself because I was kind of nauseous and not that hungry even though I knew I needed to eat. I made the mistake of ordering carnitas tacos which were largely composed of lumps of fat interspersed with lumps of meat. I never order carnitas - are they normally fatty like that? So gross.
On the drive home all I could think about eating was orange juice and avocados. Is that weird?
Good weekend all in all. Got to do 5 or so pitches at the dike wall with Sarah D. in Mammoth, so that was fun. And holy shit the mosquitos are awful this year. We were on top of North peak at 12400 feet getting bitten. WTF?
No comments:
Post a Comment