I made two cakes for Mike and Sandrine's wedding yesterday. It was such a beautiful ceremony. They had eloped in a courthouse back in December, but the official ceremony for friends and family was yesterday. The weather was gorgeous. I still can't believe it is June. It was a potluck, with potluck homebrew too! Mike is an avid homebrewer. The flowers were picked by a few people and placed in beer bottles around the ceremony. It was pretty cool.
I'm thisclose to buying a plane ticket to Vermont to be at John and Lauren's wedding in mid-July. After that I fly back to Davis and then back to the east coast for a family reunion. My family's guilt tripping has finally paid off. We're going to a "lake" (Lake Keowee - it's really a reservoir, and we all know how I feel about reservoirs in general...useful, but not necessarily a vacation destination) in South Carolina...
Charmingly, wikipedia says that Lake Keowee is used as cooling water for three nuclear reactors. WOO!
Bonus photo: a wagon train (!) that stopped Hwy 50 a few weekends ago:






1 comment:
Mandi, this is amazing! It makes me want to get married and divorced every week so you can make me lots of pretty cakes.
Post a Comment