Saturday, January 23, 2010

I love ecologists. Check out this article title:

Colorful tits produce speedier sperm.

I sometimes wonder if people think of ecology grad students as a bunch of hippies. Or if they'd be surprised that we drink a lot of beer, many of us eat copious quantities of meat (bbqs are VERY popular - but it has to be sustainable!), and plenty go hunting and fishing (and eat what they kill!). I heard a quote from someone who said that "white trash go fishing and rich republicans go duck hunting". (Was this you Karrigan?). Anyway, Ecology grad students go duck hunting and fishing too.

But we are also hippies who carry the Smart Sushi Guide to restaurants to guide our choices, and plant trees to offset our carbon footprints. So this comes back to my earlier post of "do less harm" I suppose. Enjoy it, but do less harm.

I'm off to Oakland today to climb the routes that were set for the comp last night. Shannon is going to try to get me to do some crazy Crossfit workout, which scares me a little bit. That girl is FIT!

Oh yeah, and here's something to look at if you want to laugh at a bunch of ego-driven douchebags who think they are the shit. Check out the "contact" link. I bet they have really amazing relationships. What woman wouldn't want to be with a self-obsessed asshole? ...SHIT!

On a sweeter note, I'm bringing these to Ryan, and this to Jason. Hopefully I'll see James and he'll be honoring National Pie Day (not to be confused with National Pi Day) by baking a pie!

No comments: